You can probably tell I’m going through a muffin phase… So far, I have baked baklava, carrot and pecan and now these… And I’m going to be trying other recipes so be sure to stay tuned!
I don’t really go for eggless recipes – I’m always too afraid I would be able to taste that something is missing. However, I share this recipe with you because I was amazed by its texture, it was moist and tasted great! Subtly sweet and moist.
3/4 cup flour
1/4 cup white sugar
1/2 cup oats
1 tsp cinnamon powder
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/3 cup milk
1/4 cup oil
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 banana, mashed or 2
Preheat oven to 200C degrees. Line muffin tray with liners.
Place dry ingredients into a bowl and mix. Mix dry ingredients together with a fork. Combine wet and dry ingredients – mix until just combined. Stir in banana.
Fill up to the top and bake for 20 minutes.
– I will probably add nuts when I use this recipe again. Raisins would work really well.
– you can leave out the banana if you not a fan.
– the original recipe uses brown sugar. I used white as it was all I had on hand. It worked so you could use either.
– if your dough is not mixing well add a little more milk.
– this recipe only makes 6 muffins.
Recipe: adapted from food.com