There are so many different versions of sandwiches, crossing over from country to country, made with a range of breads, meaty, to vegetarian, to having no bread at all but still being a sandwich….
A quick snack, or a quick meal at any time… usually 2 slices of bread with a filling in the middle.
I want to share a simple ‘egg and mayo’ sandwich as most of you may know it – however, my sandwich comes with a twist. No mayo but still creamy and moreish. I’m not sure if it is a healthier version but it sure is delicious!
EGG SANDWICH WITH A TWIST
1 egg, boiled
1 tablespoon chopped chives
Salt and pepper
2 slices of bread
In a bowl, roughly chop the boiled egg and chives. Add approximately 2 tablespoons of sour cream and a tiny bit of green chilli if you fancy some heat. Season with salt and cracked black pepper. Mix well.
Smear a scraping of butter on the bread and spread the egg mixture over. Close the sandwich and slice.
Enjoy this non-smelly egg sandwich at any time!
– add more sour cream to add more creaminess to the filling.
– use bread of your choice for any sandwich.
– be warned, you might not want an egg mayo sandwich again after trying it with sour cream.
– add a teaspoon of sweet chilli sauce to the mixture for a change of flavour.
– chopped gherkins and sliced onions work well too.